If you are having any issues at all with your anchors please send us an email using the contact button in the app, or fill out the form below. We would love to help and we usually respond insanely fast! In the email it is super helpful if you include a screenshot of your Anchors screen.
If you are using Mural Maker 2.0:
Go to Tools > Tracking > Setup and then take a screenshot there.
How to take a screenshot:
The three most common issues are:
- If your image jumps around and doesn’t stay put. This means your anchor is not detailed or big enough. Your anchor should take up at least 1/8 the size of the camera’s view. If you are using an older device you may need to make it larger and more detailed, if you are using a newer device you may be able to make it smaller and less detailed. You can test if this is the issue by holding your camera device close to the anchor to see if the overlay image appears.
- Make sure you make the anchor exactly like the instructions. Do not use pictures, colored paper, or do anything other than black and white. High contrast and a lot of detail is the key to making a great anchor
- Make sure you only make the anchor one time. In the picture below there are two anchors of the Jack of Hearts. DO NOT USE PLAYING CARDS please use the scribble method outlined in the video, we are using playing cards below to help illustrate the concept. In the example below there are two of the exact same anchor. If you delete one of the anchors, then the app should function normally.
What is an Anchor?
An anchor is an object that Mural Maker uses to know where to place the image you are trying to draw. As long as the anchor stays in the view of your devices’ camera, Mural Maker will lock your image to the position of that anchor.
Using an anchor you can move your camera device around, and the image you want to draw will always stay in the same place relative to the anchor.
Anchors are very helpful if you are working on a project for multiple days as the app will re-align the image back in place.
Image Anchors for Mural Maker need to have the following requirements to work:
- Flat – they must sit flat on your wall or canvas
- High contrast
- High detail
- 1/8 the size of the camera view
- Matte – Low glare, not shiny, non-reflective
- High detail again.. seriously I can’t stress that part enough
Make sure that the anchor is cropped to just the part that is going to on your canvas. If necessary you can crop into the image. It is very important that there is no background in the image.
Edit, Add or Delete Anchors
Go to Tools > Tracking > Setup. This screen lets you add, edit, or delete anchors.
No Anchor Detected or the reference image is flashing / moving / vibrating
It could be an issue with the anchor
If you are satisfied your anchor meets the above conditions
- Make sure that your anchor is properly cropped. See cropping anchors section above
- Make sure your anchor has enough detail.
- Make sure that your anchor is well lit, is at least 1/8 the size of your artwork, and high contrast.
- Make sure your work area is well lit
Try bringing your device closer to the anchor so that it takes up most of the camera’s screen. Once the anchor is recognized you can move your device to a comfortable drawing position.
If the above does not work
If none of the above works please send us an email through the email button in the app. Its located at the bottom of the home screen. We would love to help you figure out the issue. In your email please also include screenshots of the Anchors screen and a screenshot or screen recording of the issue.
My picture moves in the opposite direction of my finger
This means your anchor is probably upside down or you have your device lengthwise in your hand. The app moves your image relative to your anchor’s size, position, and orientation not relative to where you touch the screen.
AR Tracking works best in portrait mode, it is best to position your anchor while the phone is held normally then switch to an orientation that is most comfortable for you
Feel free to contact us through the app or the contact form on the homepage with any questions!