Doodle Grid Instructions
Say goodbye to tedious and time-consuming traditional grid methods and hello to the world of Doodle Grids, also known as Lazy Grids or Scribble Grids! These grids are revolutionizing the way artists scale up their artwork, making the process more enjoyable and less cumbersome. Gone are the days of struggling with straight edges and perfect measurements; with Doodle Grids, all you need is a little creativity and a dash of spontaneity. In this post, we’ll explore the wonders of Doodle Grids, and show you how to harness their power using the Doodle Grid App by Da Vinci Eye, a specialized tool designed to make the process even more fun and efficient. Let’s dive in and discover the magic of Doodle Grids!
What is a Doodle Grid?
A Doodle Grid is an innovative technique that allows artists to transfer and scale their artwork onto a larger canvas or surface without the hassle of using traditional grid methods. Instead of creating a precise square grid, artists draw an assortment of unique and random shapes or doodles, which serve as reference points when scaling the original image. This approach eliminates the need for perfect lines and measurements, making it a more accessible and enjoyable method for artists of all levels. Doodle Grids not only save time and effort but also add an element of spontaneity to the creative process, allowing artists to focus more on their art and less on technicalities.
How to use the Doodle Grid App
Step-by-Step Guide to Using the Free Doodle Grid App by Da Vinci Eye
- Start a new project: On the main screen of the app, tap the “+” button in the top right corner to create a new project.
- Import your canvas: You’ll be prompted to import or take a picture of your canvas. Select the option that suits you best.
- Import your reference image: Next, you’ll be asked to import or take a picture of the reference photo you want to draw.
- Adjust the opacity: Now, you’ll see your canvas with the transparent reference image on top of it. To change the transparency of the image, tap the “Opacity” button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Use the slider to adjust the image’s opacity until you can comfortably see both the reference and the wall.
- Position your reference image: Tap the “Move” button in the bottom left corner of the screen to position the reference image on your wall. When you’re satisfied with the placement, tap “Move” again to lock it in place.
- Trace your image: With your reference image set, you can now trace your design using the app as a guide, just as you would with a traditional grid, but with much less work involved!
- Undo mistakes (if necessary): If you accidentally move your image while you’re drawing, don’t worry! Simply tap the undo button in the top left corner of the screen (represented by a small arrow making a U-turn) to undo any unintentional changes.
The Da Vinci Eye “Doodle Grid” app takes the stress out of scaling up your artwork, providing a user-friendly platform to create Doodle Grids with ease. By following this simple step-by-step guide, you’ll be able to focus on your art and leave the tedious grid work behind. Happy drawing!